Become a Volunteer AdvisorAs a volunteer college advisor, you will work with potential students of all ages and/or their families to:
- Gather information about college, career and financial aid opportunities;
- Research print and computerized resources to identify schools and programs that match their needs;
- Evaluate postsecondary options as part of their decision-making process;
- Complete college admission and financial aid applications.
- Facilitate College Information Center orientation sessions for small groups of students and their families;
- Assist with projects that involve updating information or expanding college access resources; and
- Facilitate workshops and information sessions.
- Experience and training providing postsecondary, financial aid, and career advising to students and families;
- Interest in working with families who are traditionally underrepresented in higher education;
- Competent in the use of internet research/resources and the online application process;
- Ability to commit to 6-8 hours per month as a daytime volunteer and 4 hours per month as an evening volunteer. On average, volunteers are at the CIC every other week.
Click filename below to access file