Test Proctoring Information
Test proctoring (paper and online) is a limited service offered by the College Information Center (CIC) located at 1425 H Street NE Washington, DC 20002. Due to staff schedules and space limitations, we cannot accommodate every student who needs a proctor. Proctoring services are closed at times when staff and space is not available.
Because the CIC absorbs the cost of proctoring through staff time, printing, faxing, and scanning, we do require a mandatory donation*. All donations go to Reach 4 Success. Test takers can bring cash, check or money order to their proctoring session. Make cash, check or money order made out to Reach4Success.
1) The CIC provides exam proctoring for test takers affiliated with degree-granting or certification-granting institutions only. Potential test takers must first contact one of the education specialists in the CIC to see if someone is available for proctoring. Do not request that an exam be sent before talking with one of the specialists.
2) Test takers must pay for postage and a return envelope if such is required for the return of the test to the institution. If an exam needs to be faxed back to the institution, CIC reserves the right to limit the number of pages that can be faxed. We will not pick-up undelivered packages from FedEx Centers. If an exam is to be returned to a foreign country, Canada included, the test taker must provide the envelope, the correct custom form if necessary, and required U.S. postage to that country.
3) Proctoring is done on an appointment basis and by mutual arrangement between the education specialist (proctor) and the test taker.
Days for testing are: Monday, Tuesday 12:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m., Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday 12:30 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
*** Please note that we cannot return long distance calls, so please leave both your name and email address so we can contact you.
4) It is the test taker’s responsibility before taking the test to:
- Fill out the necessary paperwork required by the institution and send to email@example.com
- Call (202) 517-8932 or email us at to find out if the exam has been received.
- Call or email the proctor to set a time to take the examination.
- This should be done at least 3 business days prior to testing. Staff schedules are not altered to accommodate proctored exams.
- CIC staff does not proctor exams “on demand.” Proctoring is based on the individual staff person’s availability.
5) CIC staff will not proctor a test if:
- the school requires an interview with the proctor or a copy of the proctor’s
- photo identification and/or any part of the proctor’s social security number
- or their driver’s license number.
- a test taker walks in and has not made an appointment or checked to find out if the test has arrived;
- c. a test taker calls and expects to take an exam on short notice.
6) It is the test taker’s responsibility to bring supplies needed for the test (e.g., pencils, pens, calculators).
*Donations are tax-deductible.